10 Things To Keep In Mind After Windshield Replacement
A cracked or shattered windshield can impair visibility and compromise a vehicle’s structural integrity, making replacement crucial for driver and passenger safety. Windshield replacement is typically performed by trained professionals with the expertise and tools necessary for a safe and proper installation. During the replacement, the damaged windshield is carefully removed, the area is cleaned, and a new windshield is precisely fitted and bonded to the vehicle using specialized adhesives. Choosing a reputable and experienced auto glass replacement service provider is vital to ensure a successful and durable windshield replacement.
After auto glass replacement, it’s important to keep the following ten things in mind:
1. Cure Time: Allow sufficient time for the adhesive used to bond the new windshield to cure. Follow the recommended cure time provided by the technician or manufacturer.
2. Avoid Car Washes: Refrain from using automated car washes for at least 24 to 48 hours to prevent excessive water pressure or harsh chemicals from affecting the adhesive.
3. Window Operation: Avoid rolling down the windows for at least 24 hours after replacement to ensure the proper bonding of the windshield.
4. Remove Protective Coverings: If the technician applied any protective coverings or tape to the windshield, remove them according to their instructions.
5. Keep Distance: Maintain a safe distance from other vehicles to minimize the risk of debris or rocks hitting the newly replaced windshield.
6. Avoid Extreme Temperatures: Avoid exposing the new windshield to extreme temperature changes, such as parking the vehicle in direct sunlight or exposing it to freezing temperatures, for the first few days.
7. Be Gentle: Avoid slamming the doors or applying excessive force on the windshield, as it can impact the seal and bonding.
8. Check for Leaks: Inspect the windshield for any signs of leaks, such as water seepage or unusual wind noise. If you notice any issues, contact the windshield replacement provider.
9. Cleaning: Clean the windshield using mild, non-abrasive cleaners and a soft cloth or sponge. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials that can damage the glass.
10. Documentation: Keep the paperwork and warranty provided by the auto glass replacement company for future reference or potential insurance claims.
By following these guidelines, you can ensure the longevity and proper functioning of your newly replaced windshield. If your car’s windshield is damaged and needs to be replaced, our auto glass replacement Toronto professionals are here to help. To book an appointment, call Advantage Auto Glass Toronto at (416) 740-7779.