How to protect car’s windshield in heatwave?
As much heatwave has made things difficult for you, things are worse for your car’s windshield. It requires special attention from your side when it comes to taking care of your car’s windshield from this scorching heat. If you fail to do so, your windshield might be in the trouble. Our Windshield Repair Toronto experts list certain useful tips here which might help you protect your car’s windshield in the heatwave.
How can Heatwave Damage your Car’s Windshield?
Firstly, you need to know that how does a heatwave damage your car’s windshield? It will help you to know the importance of staying cautious during the heatwave.
Windshields are designed such that it expands in high temperatures and contracts in cooler temperatures. But, during a heatwave when you park your car outside, your interior gets heated up and your car’s windshield absorbs some of this heat.
It will eventually increase pressure on the windshield which will cause it to get cracked. And extreme heat will mean a high extent of the damage.
And when the extent of the damage is high, the windshield repair will demand more cost, or might even lead you to windshield replacement. Either way, your pockets would be in trouble.
Thus, it’s always wise to take care of your car’s windshield as much as you take care of yourself during this heatwave. Taking some care of your car’s windshield will ensure both, a safe ride, and no troubles to your pocket.
Ways to Protect Car’s Windshield in Heatwave
So, what are ways to protect your car’s windshield in a heatwave? We list them below. Have a read:
1) Park Car in Covered Areas: As mentioned, heatwave increases pressure on your car which eventually causes it to get cracked.
Parking the car in the covered area will ensure that the pressure is released, and the car’s windshield remains in the best condition. Parking your car in the covered areas will ensure that the excessive heat is released, and the car gets a much-needed relief from the pressure.
Thus, if you take your car out in a heatwave, ensure that you park it in a covered place after you reach your destination.
2) Ensure that Car’s Windshield is Free from Debris and Dust Particles: Summer is a season of road construction. Thus, the chances of your car acquiring debris and dust particles, or hitting a flying object increases to a great extent. So, drive carefully in construction zones and don’t speed up.
Debris increases the pressure on your car’s windshield just to make things worse for it. So always ensure that your car’s windshield is free from debris & dust particles. Keep a safe following distance while driving which will eventually keep your car’s windshield safe from debris and car particles.
Also, make a habit of cleaning your car’s windshield regularly especially during summers. It will ensure that your car’s windshield is safe from debris and thus stay safe from getting shattered.
3) Park Car Away from Playgrounds: Summer is a season where kids are enjoying their holidays in playgrounds. Thus, anything like a soccer ball might hit your car’s windshield which might cause damage to your car.
Mind you, in summers, even a baseball can damage your car’s windshield as there is always an exerted pressure on a car’s windshield. This elevates the importance of parking your car away from playgrounds.
4) Avoid Sudden Temperature Changes at all: Sudden temperature changes always make things difficult for a car’s windshield. And more so, when it is already in trouble during the summers.
Thus, avoid sudden temperature changes so that your car’s windshield stays in the best form. As much as you avoid sudden temperature changes, the more your car’s windshield will be safe.
5) Wash Car with Warm Water: Yes, washing your car every day in summer is a good habit, but washing it with warm water is a great habit.
Don’t wash your car with cool water when it’s hot outside, as it might mean a sudden temperature change and damage your windshield.
Thus, take some extra time to wash your car with warm water to ensure that your car doesn’t get exposed to sudden temperature changes and the windshield remains in the best working condition.
We hope that you are now clear with the importance of taking care of your car’s windshield in a heatwave. Also, the above tips will surely help you to protect your windshield from the heatwave and thus protect any sort of life risks and expenses.
However, if your car’s windshield requires any sort of attention, do reach out to our Windshield Chip & Crack Repair professionals in Toronto. We will provide prompt services and ensure that you get your windshield fixed within no time. Do connect with our team by calling us at (416) 740-7779.