Windshield cracks are the common issues that most car owners face with their cars. Of course, this issue is common, but quite dangerous if the timely repair isn’t considered.
You must know that there are various types of windshield cracks. It’s better to have some idea about these cracks to help yourself out in terms of making an informed decision and taking care of your car.
This blog further lists different types of windshield cracks that you must know about. Keep reading.
Various types of windshield cracks
Checkout various types of windshield crack troubling your car’s windshield and putting your drive at risk below.
1) Half-moon crack: A half-moon crack unlike a bull’s eye isn’t spherical. This crack type usually comes into the picture when any sharp object hits the car windshield.
This crack type is usually easy to repair. However, it’s essential that you get it repaired in no time. Hence, if you notice a semi-circular crack on your car’s windshield, recognize the same as a half-moon crack. Just don’t panic, visit professionals and get the crack fixed without wasting much time.
2) Floating crack: The extent of damage with this crack depends on the locality of the same. If it blocks the line of sight of the driver, it is extremely dangerous. The floating crack usually acquires the space away from the edge.
The expert might go through the extent and position of the crack before deciding if windshield repair would work, or if replacement is a solution.
3) Star crack: As the name implies, star crack comes in a star shape. The lines of this crack extend in various directions on your windshield. The crack type can be classified as dangerous.
If not fixed on an immediate basis, star crack weakens your windshield’s structural integrity and hence, increases the chances of unfortunate causes.
Mostly, the damage due to the debris is a primary reason for the star crack. If notice this crack on your windshield, ensure that you get it fixed on an immediate basis.
4) Long cracks: This is the most dangerous windshield crack type. If the crack size is more than 15 cm, it is classified as a long crack. In most cases, long cracks are impossible to repair, and the windshield requires replacement.
Sudden temperature changes or sudden exerted pressure are the most probable reason for long cracks on your windshield.
5) Stress cracks: The age of the vehicle is a major culprit when it comes to stress cracks. When you use your car for a prolonged timeframe, the windshield gets weakened over time, and hence it starts getting cracked.
The solution? Unfortunately, in the case of stress crack, windshield replacement is your only solution. Also, make sure that you do it on an immediate basis, as delay might cause your windshield to get shattered.
No matter what crack type it is, if you notice it on your car’s windshield, you must take quick action and ensure that your safety is restored in no time.
A windshield is all about your safety, and you by no means can compromise with the same. If your windshield requires professional attention, do reach out to our windshield repair Toronto team to get the job done right.
Our windshield chip repair Toronto experts always strive to deliver efficient and quick services along with ensuring that you get the job done in a very cost-effective way. The commitment to delivering the car owners the best along with the strong portfolio makes us the top choice of people when it comes to windshield chip repairs in Toronto. To reach out to our experts, connect with us at (416) 740-7779.